In this fast moving world, things run faster and we need the fastest of everything – Bikes, Washing machine and Internet. People have really become lazy to find time for things. So at one point of time, they either become tired or become bored. Boredom is more vulnerable than a radio active element. So many of us started blogging to kill that boredom. But in the due course of time, few get bored of blogging too. Blogging is one hell of a good pass time. But it can turn you off like an uninterested girl friend when you run out of ideas. So what are we supposed to do, to always have the inertia of blogging? Here are my 50 cents to help out all you bored bloggers out there.
Always, try to allot some time religiously for blogging daily. I know many working professional who are tied up with their work and repent due to non availability of free time for blogging. One hour of your daily time will suffice to blog. You need not write a full post in that one hour. Sit and think. Think about topics which you can blog about. Write down the topics. Classify based on your interest. Write down them in a text editor or your personal diary so that you don’t forget them after sometime. In this way you can work on your thoughts dedicated for blogging. Once you get the topics you can always write down the ideas around which you are going to build the topic. It is a very planned process. Once you get the ideas, write down them one by one and decide which content should go in which paragraph. Any images or quotes if you would like to add, do mention that also, the web address or the file name will do for the initial setup. See you have gathered ideas and topics. You are ready to go now!
Now that you found some time for you blog, now comes the next major obstacle – The topic! Now all of us have to understand that, our blog is just a reflection of our thoughts. So it is not always mandatory to write about politics, a book or a movie review or a technical blog. You can write about anything under the sky. You can gather topics from your day-to-day life – Any funny incident in your office. your baby started speaking out words, an incident which affected you the most in the city bus when commuting to some place, a blunder that you happen to do when cooking last night. Anything, anything you feel that can be converted to a small article that can be blogged. Be open to ideas, Watch out for interesting things and happenings around you. You will get more than enough topics to blog about. So why worry? Keep your eyes and ears open to information around you. There you are….
Another big problem for bloggers!
“I don’t get comments for my posts. No one is reading. Why should I blog. ugh…am bored….”
When you ask any of the bloggers who stopped blogging for a time being, you can encounter the above said words. I should say, comments under a post doesn’t really judge your writing or the blog. Your thoughts and the usage of words is all matters. Do not worry, there are techniques to invite visitors to your blog.
- Enroll yourself into blogging forum and communities and share your posts, your posts will speak from there on.
- Share the link in social networking sites, tag your friends and invite them to read your posts and ask their opinion.
- Twitter, Buzz and many more media is always there. Follow people and make a good set of friends there. You can tweet/buzz your posts there. Link your blog to twitter so that it will automatically tweet whenever you write a new post in your blog.
- Come up with interesting stuffs which means a lot to all those reading your posts.
- Have a pleasant and professional theme which is soothing for the eyes and to browse through the content. Select a suitable template for your blog.
- Participate in blogging contest and nominate your blog for voting.
- Always be proud to share you blog address to your friends or to your colleague.
- If you have an invitation for guest blogging, do participate and write for them. It will be a good experience to write for others and get featured in their blog! 🙂
- Do update your blog frequently. Do not leave your blog untouched for long time. Your last two or three updated post will tell you how frequently you blog.
And this list is endless.!!
Blogging not only helps you to write but also it helps you to control your thoughts and streamline its flow. It helps in knowledge sharing and helps you to interact with people around the world. It increases your vocabulary and helps you to come up with important and useful ideas in a public forum. It gives you a platform to get yourself exposed to the society.
Blogging has always been fun and at the same time, it can be a downside too. Few points to help you make blogging a fun.
- Never be harsh on anyone or for any comments. Be polite and accept fault in case its in your side. You have approved their comment and so you have to answer them.
- Never try to justify that you are always correct.
- Don’t be under emotional lockup when writing content for your blog. Your emotions may mask your original flow of thoughts or sometimes hinder you from getting new ideas. Sometimes being under emotion helps you to speak your mind so freely and you can end up in a very emotional write up!
- Never talk bad about any public figures, great personalities and about your country. None of us are perfect. We all have imperfections. By blowing someone else’s balloon, you ultimately end up blowing your own negative image.
- It is always advisable to spell check your content before posting, a small spelling mistake may ruin the whole article.
- Always moderate comments. It helps you to control what appears in your blog. Moderation keeps you away from spams.
So that is all. Keep these points in your mind whenever you have an idea to write. Happy blogging!!!!!!